Thursday, April 02, 2009

Road Trip IV: The Final Installment...Atlanta, Asheville and Beyond!

The last part of our road trip was one of the best parts, for I finally got to meet my cousins Ellie, Christopher and John. We had only a brief stop in Atlanta, but Mommy and Daddy were ever thankful for the rest-stop, awesome breakfast and even awesomer company! I also got to meet my first puppy, Cocoa. Mommy thinks my experience of Cocoa was much how Hans, my kitty, experiences me... being jumped on, licked, pulled on... an interesting role reversal it was. Apparently this was supposed to help me learn to be 'gentle' after getting a taste of my own medicine.
After driving all night from Florida to Atlanta, we then drove another 5 hours and finally made it to Asheville. Here is the view from our rental house when we arrived. It was scary-high up in the clouds.




While Daddy went to his conference, we did lots of fun stuff. Here I am at the NC Arboretum hanging out with Mommy. I am, of course, eating twigs.





If you look closely, you can see my green pants. This was in celebration of St. Patrick's Day. (Mommy says to apologize for the lateness of this blog, now over two weeks after the fact.)

Mom was wearing green too.





Here I am with Daddy closing up the hot tub... Don't worry, the depth of field and perspective of this photo are deceiving. Daddy was not about to let me crawl off the balcony.




Here we are at the Biltmore Estate. It was big.


The view from the Biltmore balcony.

Here I am with Nana playing in the grass and posing for Daddy's camera.


Don't you think Daddy should win a prize for this one? Nice shot Daddy. Very artsy.

I got hungry and fussy, so nursed a bit in the garden. I was a bit distracted though. This is me popping up for air.
Here I am checking out the gardens from up high.

And checking them out from down low.

We ended the day with my first ever ice cream cone. You can see that it was a pretty chill experience. (Mommy swears she didn't mean that pun.)



Our last day in Ashville with a little sword action.


Bye-bye mountains!



I feel asleep even before we got in the car for our journey home...



I almost made it through the 4 hour drive, but needed an exercise stop about 30 minutes from home. We went shopping for leaves, twigs and acorns... and then finally, we made it home.





Thanks for checking out our vacation pics. Mommy promises to have updated pictures soon!






P.S. Good night in the CCU, Daddy! I promise to sleep all night long tomorrow.

No comments: