Monday, March 30, 2009

Road Trip III: Beach Baby

Ah, the final beach day of our vacation.
While I hung out with Mommy and Nana under the umbrella, Daddy went off to feed the birds. We liked to call him the "crazy bird-man" and thought his hat was a nice touch (though quite sun-protective!).What the crazy bird-man didn't realize was that the birds would follow him back to our beach site... ahhh! help! (that's lipstick on my nose after attacking Mommy's face with my standard greeting just minutes earlier)Luckily, the birds went away and I got to play in the sand. I managed to eat very little [sand] to everyone's surprise.
I also practiced my new skill of standing unassisted.


It was a little scary and I freaked out a little.

But then Daddy grabbed me and I gave him five, another new skill. Right on Daddy!


Finally we ended the day watching some of the sunset drumming circle. I was sad to leave, but ready to come back next year with a drum, some finger cymbals and a whole lot a rhythm.



2 comments:

Papa Lou said...

I now realize I look a bit like the scary dudes with the big had in "Big Trouble in Little China"... Featuring Kurt Russell as, you guessed it, JACK!

Nana Peggy said...

We love you and miss you!