Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sleeping Baby?

Congratulate my parents on a full night of restful sleep last night... I slept 12 hours straight without waking up! I have only come close to this on 2 other occasions in my entire life, so this deserves being marked on the blog.

After a pleasant night's sleep, we spent the day at Eno River State Park to welcome the new psychiatry interns. Here I am with Daddy after eating lots of watermelon, playing with dogs and running around full speed. As you can see, I was pretty tired. We then decided to trek to Bobbit Hole for some swimming in the river...
And like a champ, I fell asleep.
But this was no ordinary sleep.... because when we arrived to the swimming hole, I STAYED asleep and actually let daddy put me down to nap, ON THE GROUND.


For those of you who may not know this about me, I am very particular about my naps. It's hard to get me down to nap (just ask Mommy or Daddy or my two Nanas). And it's easy to wake me up. But not today!!! You can even see all the people in the backround, yelling, barking and making a ruckus... and I stayed asleep!


I am a sleep CHAMPION! (Mommy wanted a photo taken with the sleep champion to mark this occasion).


After an hour nap on the ground, I woke up. And we went swimming!!


Check out my awesome life jacket.... made for champions.


After drying off, I had a quick snack.



And ready to head home!

2 comments:

Nana Peggy said...

Totally adorable! Little baby is becoming little boy!
Love,
Nana Peggy

Victoria said...

Congratulations on the successful nap! I hope Jack is one day able to nap as regularly, and deeply, as I am :)